Please join us on 29 January 2019 for the launch of In-House Lawyers’ Ethics: Institutional Logics, Legal Risk and the Tournament of Influence, written by Richard Moorhead and Steven Vaughan, of UCL’s Faculty of Laws, and Cristina Godinho, of Lisbon University Institute.
In-house lawyers are regularly exhorted to be more commercial, proactive and strategic, to be business leaders and not (mere) lawyers, but they are increasingly exposed for their roles in organisational scandals. This book poses the question: how far does going beyond being a lawyer conflict with or entail being more ethical?
The following panel of distinguished guests will each offer up their reactions to the book, followed by drinks and networking.
- Joanna Talbot, Chief Counsel Compliance & Regulation, BAE Systems plc
- Juliet Oliver, General Counsel, Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Miles Bake, Head of Legal, Enforcement & Litigation Division, Bank of England
- Iain Miller, Partner, Kingsley Napley
- Paul Gilbert, Chief Executive, LBC Wise Counsel
The book will be available to purchase on the evening, at a special, discounted launch price. To read more about the book or to order a copy in advance of the launch, please see:
Drinks are kindly sponsored by Hart Publishing and the Centre for Ethics and Law at UCL.
You can register to attend here.